A Complete Online Guide for Patients and Visitors
For medical questions, directions, where to find cafes, valet parking, WiFi, concierge services and much more
A world-class facility like The University of Kansas Hospital is more than a dedicated team of great physicians and staff – it’s a small community focused on your convenience.
Find information about your bill, including payment options and frequently asked questions.
We have our own shops, restaurants and services for your convenience. We also offer on-site radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services and more – much more.
Whether you're a patient or a visitor, we want to make your experience with us a positive one. And we want to make it easy for you to find the information, people and locations you're looking for. We want to help, whether your questions are about finding a doctor; maps and directions; lodging; visiting hours; how to prepare for admission; billing; finding a wellness program that works for you; or finding convenient healthcare resources because you're new to the neighborhood.
Turning Point offers patients and their families support services and comprehensive programming to address the psychological, social, emotional and physical needs that accompany serious and chronic illnesses.
Smoking cessation program
Your hospital visit is a great time to quit tobacco. The University of Kansas Hospital's U-Kan Quit program offers you free tobacco counseling during your stay. We have highly-trained counselors who are available to discuss any issues related to your tobacco use. Our first goal is to make sure you are comfortable and manage withdrawal. We can also help you develop a plan for quitting.
We will help you during and after your hospital visit by:
- Checking for in-hospital nicotine cravings.
- Recommending medications to keep you comfortable.
- Talking about your interest in quitting.
- Providing counseling for quitting tobacco use after your stay.
- Linking you to a free tobacco quitline.
- Helping you choose a medication for quitting tobacco and identify low-cost options.
- Helping you make a quit plan.
Benefits of quitting include:
- Quitting helps you heal faster.
- Tobacco use may slow your recovery from surgery and illness.
- It also may slow bone and wound healing.
For more information, call 913.317.6931.
Use this free, nonprofit Web-based service to stay connected to family and friends during your hospital stay.