The University of Kansas Hospital is the Kansas City region's premier academic medical center
As the destination center for complex care in Kansas City, The University of Kansas Hospital is here to assist you in caring for your patients. With a world-class team of experienced physicians using today's most advanced technology, you can trust that our hospital is equipped to handle the most serious and complicated cases. Our dedication to healthcare excellence and patient-focused care means you can be confident your patients will receive the best possible outcome.
We welcome your referrals and make every effort to enhance communication between our office and yours. If you are interested in having your patient seen at The University of Kansas Hospital, or to consult with a physician in any department, please call 913-588-5862 or toll-free 877-588-5862. Our physicians are also available for consultation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What sets us apart
Our hospital is constantly growing and improving. Some of our most notable accomplishments include:
- The University of Kansas Hospital serves more than 30,000 inpatients annually.
- Twelve of our medical and surgical specialty areas are ranked nationally by the U.S. News & World Report.
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center is one of 68 NCI-designated Cancer Centers in the United States.
- Our hospital has been awarded magnet designation.
- We house the region's only accredited pediatric and adult burn center.
- Our hospital is home to the area's only nationally-accredited Level1 Trauma Center.
- Our stroke center is the first in the area to be recognized as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
Learn more about the distinctions and innovations that distinguish The University of Kansas Hospital from other hospitals in Kansas City.
To consult with a physician, please call 913-588-5862 or toll-free 877-588-5862.
Setting a new standard for healthcare
As a premier academic medical center, we are committed to serving as a resource for other hospitals throughout the Midwest. In fiscal year 2013, we served patients from 49 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, all 105 Kansas counties and 86 of 114 Missouri counties.
Collaboration among physicians representing more than 200 specialties, nurses, researchers, educators and other professionals delivers exciting discoveries and life changing treatments to patients. It leads to more options, more hope.
This is academic medicine at The University of Kansas Hospital.
As a not-for-profit hospital, our success relies on the gifts of generous physicians and other donors. Make a gift to The University of Kansas Hospital and help advance the future of academic medicine.
For more information about our hospital, or for other questions and inquiries, contact us.