Adelaide C. Ward
The women's heart program at The University of Kansas Hospital is a resource for you. We can help you know and manage your unique risks. And we can provide care that’s tailored to your needs.
Adelaide C. Ward Women's Heart Health Center
Our culture has long connected heart disease with men. But women die of heart disease as often as men do. Women need to take the disease seriously.
The Adelaide C. Ward Women’s Heart Health Center is creating a special environment for women’s heart health. In this convenient, spa-like setting, we’re bringing together:
- A group of doctors specializing in women’s heart care works with cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, pulmonary and other specialists to coordinate treatment of women with heart disease.
- Integrative health consultation: We work with women who have coronary artery disease, heart failure and breast cancer. This includes helping them understand and manage their heart disease risks through education, consultation and programs.
Located on the main floor of the Center for Advanced Heart Care, the bright, modern facility provides dedicated space for:
- Heart health assessment exams
- Dietary counseling
- Educational events and classes
- Support groups
- Additional resources to prevent and reduce women’s heart disease and encourage heart-healthy lifestyles
Read patient stories
about women who have chosen to make heart healthy changes.