You can make a difference
Volunteers at The University of Kansas Hospital are part of an outstanding team. They help us provide high quality care and exceptional service to our patients and their families. As a volunteer, you'll get a firsthand look at leading-edge health care, and a sense of satisfaction and pride knowing you are making a difference.
To show our appreciation for volunteering your time and talents, you'll receive:
- Free garage parking close to the hospital entrance
- Complimentary cafeteria meal provided upon completion of a 4-hour shift
- Free annual flu shot
- Special event invitations
- Pin recognition for 100+ hours of volunteer effort
- Gifts of appreciation
- The hospital's monthly newsletter and annual report
Volunteers find the greatest rewards often are the people they meet and the friendships they forge.
- Care Corps volunteers
- Pastoral Care volunteers
- Patient Representatives
- Path Finder volunteers
- Clinic volunteers
- Transportation and delivery volunteers
- Pets For Life volunteers
- Gift Shop volunteers
- Clerical volunteers
- Specialty center volunteers, including the Center for Advanced Heart Care and The University of Kansas Cancer Center patient care locations throughout the community
How to volunteer
To become a volunteer, we require:
- Minimum commitment of four hours per week for six months
- Completed volunteer application
- Personal interview
- Consent to a background check
- Two completed personal reference forms
- A two-part TB skin test and blood test to check for mumps and/or chickenpox immunity, provided free of charge
- Hospital orientation and training
- Purchase a uniform for $25 (Missys' Boutique volunteers excepted)
To receive additional volunteer information, call Volunteer Services, 913.588.6560.
You can also download and print our volunteer forms:
You need Adobe Reader® for these forms. You can download it for free from Adobe.
Send your completed application and reference forms to:
The University of Kansas Hospital
Volunteer Services Department, MS 1021
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
You can also send your completed form by email.