Getting the most from your visit
A visit to the doctor’s office is daunting enough when you are in pain. Filling out paperwork in advance and remembering some simple steps before you arrive will make things go smoothly for your visit. The following checklists will assist you.
Before your visit
- Schedule your appointment by calling 913-588-1227.
- Confirm the location of the office and where to park.
- Confirm what information you need to bring with you (insurance card, medical records, etc.).
- Assemble your medical records if needed.
- Make a list of any medications you are taking, your symptoms, concerns you have about your condition and any other questions you may have.
- Dress appropriately for the appointment.
- Bring a friend or family member if you need assistance.
Your office visit
- Get to the office early.
- Tell your doctor everything you know about your condition.
- Take notes regarding his or her instructions.
- Ask questions if you do not understand something your doctor is saying.
- Confirm next steps.
- Take all literature home with you to review.
After your visit
- Read everything the doctor has suggested concerning your condition.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions for treatment.
- Be sure to inform your doctor if anything about your condition changes.
Bring to your first appointment
Download the New Patient Form to fill out before you arrive at the doctor’s office.
Please read our Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) notification information.