Just what your doctor prescribed
Filling your prescriptions
We’re committed to making your experience at our hospital as convenient as possible. That's why we offer services like filling your prescription before you leave.
- Check for possible medication interactions
- Answer your questions
- Consult with your physician when needed
Just steps away
- Take stairs or elevator to the first floor
- Follow the corridor to the hospital lobby
- Pharmacy is located past the Information Desk
Get your prescriptions filled
In most cases, your prescriptions can be filled and ready for you when you are ready to leave the hospital. You'll need to provide the following:
- Your address, birth date and any drug-related allergies
- Your prescription insurance information
- Your prescriptions signed by your physician
If you are checking out of the hospital, our nursing staff can help you by faxing the information to the outpatient pharmacy. A family member or friend can also drop off the information at the pharmacy’s counter.
Pick up your prescriptions
Stop by the outpatient pharmacy and provide:
- The original copy of your prescriptions, if your doctor or our staff sent it by fax.
- Full payment or the co-payment required by your insurance carrier. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
Call or email for refills
Use our convenient prescription line or email us to order your refills. You may pick them up or have most medications delivered at no additional charge. Your medications will be shipped in unmarked packaging and will arrive at your home within 2-5 business days. To refill a prescription, call 913.588.2361 or email us.
To transfer a prescription
If your prescriptions have been filled at our outpatient pharmacy, you can have them transferred to another pharmacy closer to your home. Simply take your prescription containers with The University of Kansas Hospital label to any pharmacy you choose. The pharmacist there will contact us to get the necessary information.
The outpatient pharmacy is open virtually every day throughout the year.
- 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
- 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Holidays
- Closed Christmas and New Year’s Day
The outpatient pharmacy is located just off the hospital’s main lobby, right next to the information desk. From The University of Kansas Physicians Medical Office Building, take the elevator or stairs to the ground floor, exit through the glass door and follow the corridor to the hospital lobby.