Advanced pediatric care
New location for neonatal medical home
Our Neonatal Medical Home is moving. The new 2,426 square-foot clinic features five exam rooms specially designed for neonatal patients and their specialists. Learn more.
Our doctors, nurses and staff provide comprehensive care to patients from before they are born through young adulthood. Our team of care providers includes general pediatricians, pediatric specialists, psychologists, nurse practitioners and physicians assistants.
Care can begin right away. In many cases, we can see your child the next day. Same-day appointments are available in our Prairie Village and Kansas City, Kansas, locations.
General and specialized services
Whether you choose to visit one of our expert pediatricians for routine care or need to see a specialist, fast appointments are available. Our doctors offer services including:
- Routine sports and well-child physicals
- Developmental evaluations
- Treatment for common illnesses
If you visit one of our pediatric specialists, referral from your regular doctor is easy. Our specialists will work with your child’s primary care physician to coordinate care and make sure each step you take is toward better health for your child.
Children see our physicians for regular appointments in one of our convenient office locations. For those who need hospital care, we have dedicated pediatric care units specifically designed and staffed to meet the needs of young patients.
See photos of our main campus facility.
Many of our staff are bilingual. Patients and families who speak Spanish or other languages have daily access to interpreters and translators.
We are uniquely positioned to provide seamless transitional care for children who have chronic illnesses. From the moment of diagnosis, we manage your child's long-term medical needs. As children reach adulthood, we can help them move into the care of a specialist who sees adult patients. This is especially helpful for patients with diabetes, cystic fibrosis, cancer and heart disorders.
Advanced care in the hospital
If your child should ever need to be hospitalized, our care team provides leading-edge care.
- Our dedicated pediatric care unit offers high-quality care in a safe and nurturing environment.
- In our pediatric intensive care unit,experienced staff provide around-the-clock-care for patients with serious illnesses.
- Our pediatric surgeons perform a variety of procedures, including minor and complex surgeries.
- In our Level III neonatal intensive care unit, our expert staff cares for babies born prematurely or with serious illnesses.
- Our Center for Advanced Fetal Care offers first trimester testing for pregnant mothers. When problems are detected early, they can be treated before the baby is born. This ensures a healthier life for the infant.
Why choose us
Our patients benefit from the unique strengths of the region’s premier academic medical center. Here, we combine compassionate patient care,research and education. We are committed to providing children with a medical home, meeting all their healthcare needs, including vaccinations and recommendations for living a healthy lifestyle.
Our doctors are experts in their fields, caring for patients, collaborating in breakthroughs in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease. They also train the next generation of healthcare professionals.
The University of Kansas Physicians Medical Office Building is located on the main hospital campus at Olathe Boulevard and Cambridge Street in Kansas City, Kansas. We also offer other metro locations.
Patient and visitor parking is available in the Olathe II garage, across from the medical office building at Olathe Boulevard and Cambridge Street.
Call for an appointment