New location for neonatal medical home
Our Neonatal Medical Home is moving. The new 2,426 square-foot clinic features five exam rooms specially designed for neonatal patients and their specialists. Learn more.
Pediatricians with The University of Kansas Hospital make sure that even our youngest patients get care that’s big enough to fit their needs. Our physicians help kids and families, whether they need a basic checkup or treatment for a more serious condition. We also incorporate leading-edge research into our care. It’s a unique combination of general pediatrics and the most advanced pediatric specialties. It’s the kind of care you’ll only find at an academic medical center.
A unique benefit for our little patients is that the care we provide grows with them into adulthood. No other hospital in the region provides care throughout every stage of life.
General and specialized services
Whether you choose to visit one of our expert pediatricians for routine care or need to see a specialist, fast appointments are available. Our doctors offer services including:
- Routine sports and well-child physicals
- Developmental evaluations
- Treatment for common illnesses
If you visit one of our pediatric specialists, referral from your regular doctor is easy. Our specialists will work with your child’s primary care physician to coordinate care and make sure each step you take is toward better health for your child.
Children see our physicians for regular appointments in one of our convenient office locations. For those who need hospital care, we have dedicated pediatric care units specifically designed and staffed to meet the needs of young patients.
See photos of our main campus facility.
Advanced care in the hospital
If your child should ever need to be hospitalized, our care team provides leading-edge care.
- Our dedicated pediatric care unit offers high-quality care in a safe and nurturing environment.
- In our pediatric intensive care unit,experienced staff provide around-the-clockcare for patients with serious illnesses.
- Our pediatric surgeons perform a variety of procedures, including minor and complex surgeries.
- In our Level III neonatal intensive care unit, our expert staff cares for babies born prematurely or with serious illnesses.
- Our Center for Advanced Fetal Care offers first trimester testing for pregnant mothers. When problems are detected early, they can be treated before the baby is born. This ensures a healthier life for the infant.
Why choose us
Our patients benefit from the unique strengths of the region’s premier academic medical center. Here, we combine compassionate patient care,research and education. We are committed to providing children with a medical home, meeting all their healthcare needs, including vaccinations and recommendations for living a healthy lifestyle.