Center for Advanced Heart Care
The Center for Advanced Heart Care is designed to meet the needs of cardiac patients today and into the future. Patients and their families can receive total care in a state-of-the-art facility built from the ground up to improve the outcome for every heart patient.
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kansas 66160
Decades of excellence
Four decades ago, Lynn H. Kindred, MD, co-founded Mid-America Cardiology Associates with Hubert Bell, MD, and William Reed, MD, founded MidAmerica Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons.
Jeffrey Kramer, MD (left) and Randall Genton, MD, (right) have led the hospital's heart program to become a national leader.
MAC and MATCS have established traditions of leadership and innovation unsurpassed in the region. Dr. Reed pioneered open-heart surgery in the Kansas City area and developed other innovations in heart surgery. Dr. Kindred became a leader in diagnosing and treating all aspects of heart disease.
The practices they founded joined the hospital in 2001. United in their dedication to groundbreaking techniques and continuous improvement, MAC and MATCS rapidly revitalized the heart program.
“There are times in your life when you meet people and know immediately you can trust them,” remembered Dr. Reed, now chair of Cardiovascular Services. “That’s exactly how we felt when we first met with the hospital’s leaders and the board. It’s made for a great partnership where we’ve all flourished.”
Dr. Kindred and Dr. Reed have supported the heart center through generous gifts. The Dr. William A. & Mary J. Reed Cardiovascular Surgery Center and the Lynn H. Kindred, MD, Catheterization Labs honor them.
Within just a decade of MAC and MATCS joining forces with the hospital, the heart program has become a national leader.
The heart center fuses form and function with patient- and family-friendly features.
- The Emergency Department provides instant access for patients with critical heart conditions. It is located on the first level of the Center for Advanced Heart Care.
- Every patient has a private room, and most rooms have overnight accommodations for family members.
- Dedicated walking corridors help patients begin their rehabilitation.
- Free wireless Internet access is available throughout the facility.
- Artwork, including photography and sculpture, provide a sense of comfort and healing.
- The Adelaide C. Ward Women's Heart Health Center is creating a special environment for women's heart health.
- The White Heart Learning and Resource Center provides heart-related health information for patients, families and visitors.
- The Roasterie Café on Level 1 serves coffees and other beverages, pastries, hot and cold lunch items, and other treats, 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Call to schedule an appointment