24 hours a day | 7 days a week
Toll free 877.738.7286
Patient transfer services at the transfer center include a one-call customer service center, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We assist all parties involved with the transfer of urgent admissions to The University of Kansas Hospital. Our goals are to streamline the referral and acceptance process, making it less time consuming and more convenient for everyone.
All referrals require a physician-to-physician consult to discuss the condition of the patient prior to acceptance.
Transferring a patient
Call toll free 877.738.7286
Use our transfer center intake form as a checklist.
When you contact the transfer center, provide the following information:
- Your name
- Referring physician and/or hospital
- Your phone number
- Service needed
- Patient's name
- Patient's condition
The emergency technician will:
- Page The University of Kansas physician on-call for the service requested.
- Facilitate a consult between you and the hospital's attending physician to discuss the patient's condition.
If the patient is accepted, the transfer center will:
- Assist with transportation arrangements if required.
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient.
- Facilitate the transmission of necessary paperwork and medical documents from your hospital to The University of Kansas Hospital.
- Notify you once the patient arrives at the hospital.
Thank you for your continued support and referrals to The University of Kansas Hospital.