Pharmacy Residency Program
Enhance your skills, broaden your knowledge, expand your opportunities
A pharmacy residency at The University of Kansas Hospital provides you with a unique opportunity to explore your career options alongside a practitioner in your chosen field. As a resident, you'll expand your clinical knowledge, sharpen your leadership skills, develop responsibility and scholarly relevance, and put that learning into daily practice.
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we prepare our residents to become leaders in pharmaceutical care. We equip them with the knowledge, skills and experience to meet today's challenges and succeed in tomorrow's practice.
- Must be a graduate of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Kansas
- PGY-2 residencies require completion of a PGY-1 residency program
- On-site interview with our pharmacy team
Five different types of pharmacy residency are offered:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
- Pharmacy Practice (PGY1)
- Oncology Pharmacy (PGY2)
- Health System Pharmacy Administration/MS (PGY1/PGY2)
- Critical Care (PGY2)
- Community Pharmacy (PGY1)