Physicians, Dentists and Advanced Practice Providers
Department of Anesthesiology
Department of Family Medicine
Department of Neurology
Debbie Gleason, Director of Physician Recruitment
Charlene Plotycia, Physician Recruiter
Department of Pathology
Department of Pediatrics
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Department of Surgery
Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology
Division of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Advanced Practice Provider positions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Working at the region's premier academic medical center
As a tertiary/quaternary inpatient hospital, we advance the power of medicine to heal even the most acutely ill patients in this region and beyond. We are unwavering in our goal to be the best healthcare provider in the United States.
Here, physicians work with an entire team of professionals to teach, conduct research and care for patients. Realizing this vision takes a partnership of excellence and collaboration.
- Expert physicians in more than 200 specialties
- Innovative research shaping the standards of care
- Advanced patient care and world-class service
- A vibrant community and rich opportunity
Through the health system’s strong partnerships with The University of Kansas Physicians and the University of Kansas Medical Center, our physicians have the resources to practice evidence-based medicine at the highest level. As faculty of the medical school, hospital physicians train the next generation of physicians.
A world-class patient experience
Every member of our staff continually works to ensure a world-class experience for every patient. As a result:
- For the 10th consecutive year, we were ranked among the nation’s best on the 2016-17 U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals lists. This was the:
- In addition, University HealthSystem Consortium ranked us among the top 10 in quality and safety among the nation’s top academic medical centers.
- Magnet-designated since 2006, we were the first hospital in Kansas to earn the designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
We continually update, expand and build new clinical facilities. Our state-of-the-art medical office building opened in 2012 with physician offices, outpatient care areas, and lab and imaging services. Specialty clinics offer heart, cancer and surgical services throughout the metro area.
Advancing the power of medicine™
Health System Fast Facts
- Physicians on staff: 790
- Employees: 7,435
- Staffed beds: 773
- Inpatient discharges: 51,894
- Outpatient visits: 737,453
- Emergency room visits: 54,682
- Surgical procedures: 23,796
Learn more about The University of Kansas Health System and its expertise and leadership in medical research and education.
Official Healthcare Provider to: