2016 Annual Report
Like No Other
The University of Kansas Health System is unlike any other health system in the Kansas City region. Here, medical breakthroughs happen and patients benefit from them first. We are driven by our commitment to service, to continuous improvement and to the highest degree of excellence. We are also driven to ensure access to the most advanced care for the people of Kansas, our region and beyond.
Our focus – even as we continue to serve – is ever fixed on our vision for the future: To lead the nation in caring, healing, teaching and discovering.
Read the 2016 Annual Report
In the past year, our unsurpassed commitment to excellent patient care brought us national recognition and brought us closer to realizing our vision.
- For 2016-2017, we were one of only 17 hospitals out of 4,667 to be ranked among the best in 11 or 12 medical and surgical specialties by U.S. News & World Report. Since 2007, we have been ranked each year among the nation’s top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- We joined an elite group of less than 4 percent of the nation’s hospitals to earn Magnet® designation three times in a row. This honor is considered the gold standard of nursing excellence.
- The University of Kansas Health System formalized clinical integration, which combined the area’s only academic medical center with the most exceptional physicians in the region.
- We fulfilled our promise to the people of Kansas by partnering with Hays Medical Center, enhancing local care for patients in western Kansas. We also formalized a partnership with Stormont Vail Health to provide radiation oncology services in Topeka.
- We cared for a record number of patients in the past year, and we anticipate a 30 percent increase in the next few years alone. This is why we are adding space and services as quickly as possible. We celebrated the topping out of Cambridge North Tower at the main campus. The building opens in late 2017. We also broke ground on an expansion at Indian Creek Campus, to be completed in spring 2018.
Our 2016 annual report highlights the many ways we put the power of academic medicine to work for our patients. For copies, call 913-588-1227 or 844-323-1227.